WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. supercharge, pressurize, pressurise, change, alter, modify
- usage: increase the pressure on a gas or liquid
- 2. pressurize, pressurise, keep, maintain, hold
- usage: maintain a certain pressure; "the airplane cabin is pressurized"; "pressurize a space suit"
- 3. pressurize, pressurise, adjust, set, correct
- usage: increase the pressure in or of; "The captain will pressurize the cabin for the passengers' comfort"
All rights reserved.
See also: pressurize (Dictionary)