WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. president, corporate executive, business executive
- usage: an executive officer of a firm or corporation
- 2. President of the United States, United States President, President, Chief Executive, head of state, chief of state
- usage: the person who holds the office of head of state of the United States government; "the President likes to jog every morning"
- 3. president, head of state, chief of state
- usage: the chief executive of a republic
- 4. president, chairman, chairwoman, chair, chairperson, presiding officer
- usage: the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization; "address your remarks to the chairperson"
- 5. president, prexy, academic administrator
- usage: the head administrative officer of a college or university
- 6. President of the United States, President, Chief Executive, presidency, presidentship
- usage: the office of the United States head of state; "a President is elected every four years"
All rights reserved.
See also: president (Dictionary)