- 1. presage, foreboding, premonition, presentiment, boding
- usage: a foreboding about what is about to happen
- 2. omen, portent, presage, prognostic, prognostication, prodigy, augury, sign, foretoken, preindication
- usage: a sign of something about to happen; "he looked for an omen before going into battle"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bode, portend, auspicate, prognosticate, omen, presage, betoken, foreshadow, augur, foretell, prefigure, forecast, predict, bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, signal
- usage: indicate by signs; "These signs bode bad news"
All rights reserved.
See also: presage (Dictionary)