- 1. premium, insurance premium, payment
- usage: payment for insurance
- 2. premium, value, economic value
- usage: the amount that something in scarce supply is valued above its nominal value; "they paid a premium for access to water"
- 3. agio, agiotage, premium, exchange premium, charge
- usage: a fee charged for exchanging currencies
- 4. premium, bonus, incentive, prize, award
- usage: a prize, bonus, or award given as an inducement to purchase products, enter competitions initiated by business interests, etc.; "they encouraged customers with a premium for loyal patronage"
- 5. bounty, premium, reward
- usage: payment or reward (especially from a government) for acts such as catching criminals or killing predatory animals or enlisting in the military
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. premium, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: having or reflecting superior quality or value; "premium gasoline at a premium price"
All rights reserved.
See also: premium (Dictionary)