- 1. preliminary, overture, prelude, origin, origination, inception
- usage: something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows; "training is a necessary preliminary to employment"; "drinks were the overture to dinner"
- 2. prelude, music
- usage: music that precedes a fugue or introduces an act in an opera
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prelude, serve, function
- usage: serve as a prelude or opening to
- 2. prelude, play, spiel
- usage: play as a prelude
All rights reserved.
See also: prelude (Dictionary)