WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pregnant (vs. nonpregnant), big(predicate), enceinte, expectant, gravid, great(predicate), large(predicate), heavy(predicate), with child(predicate)
- usage: carrying developing offspring within the body or being about to produce new life
- 2. meaning(prenominal), pregnant, significant, meaningful (vs. meaningless)
- usage: rich in significance or implication; "a meaning look"
- 3. fraught(predicate), pregnant, full (vs. empty)
- usage: filled with or attended with; "words fraught with meaning"; "an incident fraught with danger"; "a silence pregnant with suspense"
All rights reserved.
See also: pregnant (Dictionary)