WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prefer, like
- usage: like better; value more highly; "Some people prefer camping to staying in hotels"; "We prefer sleeping outside"
- 2. choose, prefer, opt
- usage: select as an alternative over another; "I always choose the fish over the meat courses in this restaurant"; "She opted for the job on the East coast"
- 3. prefer, favor, favour, promote, upgrade, advance, kick upstairs, raise, elevate
- usage: promote over another; "he favors his second daughter"
- 4. prefer, pay
- usage: give preference to one creditor over another
All rights reserved.
See also: prefer (Dictionary)