WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marauding, predatory, raiding, offensive (vs. defensive)
- usage: characterized by plundering or pillaging or marauding; "bands of marauding Indians"; "predatory warfare"; "a raiding party"
- 2. predatory, rapacious, raptorial, ravening, vulturine, vulturous, aggressive (vs. unaggressive)
- usage: living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey; "a predatory bird"; "the rapacious wolf"; "raptorial birds"; "ravening wolves"; "a vulturine taste for offal"
- 3. predaceous, predacious, predatory, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: living by or given to victimizing others for personal gain; "predatory capitalists"; "a predatory, insensate society in which innocence and decency can prove fatal"- Peter S. Prescott; "a predacious kind of animal--the early geological gangster"- W.E.Swinton
All rights reserved.
See also: predatory (Dictionary)