WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. predate, precede, forego, forgo, antecede, antedate
- usage: be earlier in time; go back further; "Stone tools precede bronze tools"
- 2. precede, predate, lie
- usage: come before; "Most English adjectives precede the noun they modify"
- 3. raven, prey, predate, forage
- usage: prey on or hunt for; "These mammals predate certain eggs"
- 4. predate, antedate, foredate, chronologize, chronologise
- usage: establish something as being earlier relative to something else
All rights reserved.
See also: predate (Dictionary)