- 1. cherished, precious, treasured, wanted, loved (vs. unloved)
- usage: characterized by feeling or showing fond affection for; "a cherished friend"; "children are precious"; "a treasured heirloom"; "so good to feel wanted"
- 2. precious, valuable (vs. worthless)
- usage: of high worth or cost; "diamonds, sapphires, rubies, and emeralds are precious stones"
- 3. valued, precious, worthy (vs. unworthy)
- usage: held in great esteem for admirable qualities especially of an intrinsic nature; "a valued friend"; "precious memories"
- 4. cute, precious, artful (vs. artless)
- usage: obviously contrived to charm; "an insufferably precious performance"; "a child with intolerably cute mannerisms"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. precious, preciously
- usage: extremely; "there is precious little time left"
All rights reserved.
See also: precious (Dictionary)