WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. precarious, unstable, uneasy (vs. easy)
- usage: affording no ease or reassurance; "a precarious truce"
- 2. parlous, perilous, precarious, touch-and-go, dangerous (vs. safe), unsafe
- usage: fraught with danger; "dangerous waters"; "a parlous journey on stormy seas"; "a perilous voyage across the Atlantic in a small boat"; "the precarious life of an undersea diver"; "dangerous surgery followed by a touch-and-go recovery"
- 3. precarious, shaky, insecure (vs. secure), unsafe
- usage: not secure; beset with difficulties; "a shaky marriage"
All rights reserved.
See also: precarious (Dictionary)