- 1. sermon, discourse, preaching, address, speech
- usage: an address of a religious nature (usually delivered during a church service)
- 2. sermon, preaching, lecture, speech, talking to
- usage: a moralistic rebuke; "your preaching is wasted on him"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. preach, prophesy, lecture, talk
- usage: deliver a sermon; "The minister is not preaching this Sunday"
- 2. preach, advocate, urge, urge on, press, exhort
- usage: speak, plead, or argue in favor of; "The doctor advocated a smoking ban in the entire house"
All rights reserved.
See also: preaching (Dictionary)