Synonyms of power play
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. power play, squeeze play, squeeze, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: an aggressive attempt to compel acquiescence by the concentration or manipulation of power; "she laughed at this sexual power play and walked away"
- 2. power play, football play
- usage: a play in which there is a concentration of players in one location on the field of play; "they used a power play to return the kickoff"
- 3. power play, play
- usage: (ice hockey) a play in which one team has a numerical advantage over the other as a result of penalties; "the team was unable to capitalize on the power play"
All rights reserved.