- 1. powder, pulverization, pulverisation, solid
- usage: a solid substance in the form of tiny loose particles; a solid that has been pulverized
- 2. gunpowder, powder, explosive
- usage: a mixture of potassium nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur in a 75:15:10 ratio which is used in gunnery, time fuses, and fireworks
- 3. powder, toiletry, toilet articles, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: any of various cosmetic or medical preparations dispensed in the form of a pulverized powder
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. powderize, powderise, powder, pulverize, pulverise, disintegrate
- usage: make into a powder by breaking up or cause to become dust; "pulverize the grains"
- 2. powder, make up
- usage: apply powder to; "She powdered her nose"; "The King wears a powdered wig"
All rights reserved.
See also: powder (Dictionary)