- 1. potential, potentiality, potency, possibility, possibleness
- usage: the inherent capacity for coming into being
- 2. electric potential, potential, potential difference, potential drop, voltage, electrical phenomenon
- usage: the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. potential (vs. actual), possible, latent
- usage: existing in possibility; "a potential problem"; "possible uses of nuclear power"
- 2. likely, potential, prospective (vs. retrospective)
- usage: expected to become or be; in prospect; "potential clients"
All rights reserved.
See also: potential (Dictionary)