WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. authority, authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so, control
- usage: the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
- 2. potency, effectiveness, strength, power, powerfulness
- usage: capacity to produce strong physiological or chemical effects; "the toxin's potency"; "the strength of the drinks"
- 3. potential, potentiality, potency, possibility, possibleness
- usage: the inherent capacity for coming into being
- 4. potency, potence, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: the state of being potent; a male's capacity to have sexual intercourse
All rights reserved.
See also: potency (Dictionary)