- 1. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 2. back tooth, posterior, tooth
- usage: a tooth situated at the back of the mouth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. posterior (vs. anterior), back(prenominal), hind(prenominal), hinder(prenominal), caudal, retral, back
- usage: located at or near or behind a part or near the end of a structure
- 2. later(prenominal), ulterior, posterior, subsequent (vs. antecedent)
- usage: coming at a subsequent time or stage; "without ulterior argument"; "the mood posterior to"
All rights reserved.
See also: posterior (Dictionary)