WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. possibility, expectation, outlook, prospect
- usage: a future prospect or potential; "this room has great possibilities"
- 2. possibility, possibleness, being, beingness, existence
- usage: capability of existing or happening or being true; "there is a possibility that his sense of smell has been impaired"
- 3. hypothesis, possibility, theory, concept, conception, construct
- usage: a tentative insight into the natural world; a concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena; "a scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"; "he proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
- 4. possibility, possible action, opening, option, alternative, choice
- usage: a possible alternative; "bankruptcy is always a possibility"
All rights reserved.
See also: possibility (Dictionary)