- 1. genitive, genitive case, possessive, possessive case, oblique, oblique case
- usage: the case expressing ownership
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. possessive, genitive
- usage: serving to express or indicate possession; "possessive pronouns"; "the genitive endings"
- 2. possessive, acquisitive (vs. unacquisitive)
- usage: desirous of owning; "small children are so possessive they will not let others play with their toys"
- 3. possessive, dominant (vs. subordinate)
- usage: having or showing a desire to control or dominate; "a possessive parent"
All rights reserved.
See also: possessive (Dictionary)