- 1. possess, have, feature
- usage: have as an attribute, knowledge, or skill; "he possesses great knowledge about the Middle East"
- 2. own, have, possess
- usage: have ownership or possession of; "He owns three houses in Florida"; "How many cars does she have?"
- 3. possess, dominate
- usage: enter into and control, as of emotions or ideas; "What possessed you to buy this house?"; "A terrible rage possessed her"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. obsessed, possessed(predicate), controlled (vs. uncontrolled)
- usage: influenced or controlled by a powerful force such as a strong emotion; "by love possessed"
- 2. amuck, amok, berserk, demoniac, demoniacal, possessed(predicate), insane (vs. sane)
- usage: frenzied as if possessed by a demon; "the soldier was completely amuck"; "berserk with grief"; "a berserk worker smashing windows"
All rights reserved.
See also: possessed (Dictionary)