WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. porous, permeable (vs. impermeable)
- usage: able to absorb fluids; "the partly porous walls of our digestive system"; "compacting the soil to make it less porous"
- 2. porous (vs. nonporous), poriferous, porose
- usage: full of pores or vessels or holes
- 3. holey, porous, leaky (vs. tight)
- usage: allowing passage in and out; "our unfenced and largely unpoliced border inevitably has been very porous"
All rights reserved.
See also: porous (Dictionary)