- 1. pool, excavation
- usage: an excavation that is (usually) filled with water
- 2. pond, pool, lake
- usage: a small lake; "the pond was too small for sailing"
- 3. pool, organization, organisation
- usage: an organization of people or resources that can be shared; "a car pool"; "a secretarial pool"; "when he was first hired he was assigned to the pool"
- 4. consortium, pool, syndicate, association
- usage: an association of companies for some definite purpose
- 5. pool, reserve account, reserve fund
- usage: any communal combination of funds; "everyone contributed to the pool"
- 6. pool, puddle, body of water, water
- usage: a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid; "there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain"; "the body lay in a pool of blood"
- 7. pool, kitty, stake, stakes, bet, wager
- usage: the combined stakes of the betters
- 8. pool, puddle, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: something resembling a pool of liquid; "he stood in a pool of light"; "his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines"
- 9. pool, pocket billiards, table game
- usage: any of various games played on a pool table having 6 pockets
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pool, share
- usage: combine into a common fund; "We pooled resources"
- 2. pool, group, aggroup
- usage: join or form a pool of people
All rights reserved.
See also: pool (Dictionary)