WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pollution, environmental condition, impurity, impureness
- usage: undesirable state of the natural environment being contaminated with harmful substances as a consequence of human activities
- 2. befoulment, defilement, pollution, dirtiness, uncleanness
- usage: the state of being polluted
- 3. contamination, pollution, soiling, soilure, dirtying
- usage: the act of contaminating or polluting; including (either intentionally or accidentally) unwanted substances or factors
All rights reserved.
See also: pollution (Dictionary)