WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. politics, political relation, social relation
- usage: social relations involving intrigue to gain authority or power; "office politics is often counterproductive"
- 2. politics, political science, government, social science
- usage: the study of government of states and other political units
- 3. politics, profession
- usage: the profession devoted to governing and to political affairs
- 4. politics, political sympathies, opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought
- usage: the opinion you hold with respect to political questions
- 5. politics, activity, affairs
- usage: the activities and affairs involved in managing a state or a government; "unemployment dominated the politics of the inter-war years"; "government agencies multiplied beyond the control of representative politics"
All rights reserved.
See also: politics (Dictionary)