Synonyms of polish
- 1. polish, gloss, glossiness, burnish, radiance, radiancy, shine, effulgence, refulgence, refulgency, smoothness
- usage: the property of being smooth and shiny
- 2. polish, refinement, culture, cultivation, finish, perfection, flawlessness, ne plus ultra
- usage: a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality; "they performed with great polish"; "I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose"; "almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad
- 3. polish, formulation, preparation
- usage: a preparation used in polishing
- 4. Polish, Slavic, Slavic language, Slavonic, Slavonic language
- usage: the Slavic language of Poland
- 1. polish, smooth, smoothen, shine, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
- 2. polish, refine, fine-tune, down, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve or perfect by pruning or polishing; "refine one's style of writing"
- 3. polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up, perfect, hone
- usage: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state; "polish your social manners"
- 1. Polish
- usage: of or relating to Poland or its people or culture; "Polish sausage"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of polish (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.