- 1. polemicist, polemist, polemic, writer, author
- usage: a writer who argues in opposition to others (especially in theology)
- 2. polemic, controversy, contention, contestation, disputation, disceptation, tilt, argument, arguing
- usage: a controversy (especially over a belief or dogma)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. polemic, polemical, controversial (vs. uncontroversial)
- usage: of or involving dispute or controversy
All rights reserved.
See also: polemic (Dictionary)