- 1. poisoning, toxic condition, intoxication, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: the physiological state produced by a poison or other toxic substance
- 2. poisoning, killing, kill, putting to death
- usage: the act of giving poison to a person or animal with the intent to kill
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. poison, corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect
- usage: spoil as if by poison; "poison someone's mind"; "poison the atmosphere in the office"
- 2. poison, kill
- usage: kill with poison; "She poisoned her husband"
- 3. poison, envenom, change, alter, modify
- usage: add poison to; "Her husband poisoned her drink in order to kill her"
- 4. poison, kill
- usage: kill by its poison; "This mushrooms can poison"
- 5. poison, drug, dose
- usage: administer poison to; "She poisoned her husband but he did not die"
All rights reserved.
See also: poisoning (Dictionary)