WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pocketbook, means, substance
- usage: your personal financial means; "that car is too expensive for my pocketbook"
- 2. wallet, billfold, notecase, pocketbook, case
- usage: a pocket-size case for holding papers and paper money
- 3. pocketbook, pocket book, pocket edition, paperback book, paper-back book, paperback, softback book, softback, soft-cover book, soft-cover
- usage: pocket-sized paperback book
- 4. bag, handbag, pocketbook, purse, container
- usage: a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women); "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
All rights reserved.
See also: pocketbook (Dictionary)