WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. polonium, Po, atomic number 84, metallic element, metal
- usage: a radioactive metallic element that is similar to tellurium and bismuth; occurs in uranium ores but can be produced by bombarding bismuth with neutrons in a nuclear reactor
- 2. petty officer, PO, P.O., noncommissioned officer, noncom, enlisted officer
- usage: a noncommissioned officer in the Navy or Coast Guard with a rank comparable to sergeant in the Army
- 3. Po, Po River
- usage: a European river; flows into the Adriatic Sea
- 4. United States Post Office, US Post Office, Post Office, PO, independent agency
- usage: an independent agency of the federal government responsible for mail delivery (and sometimes telecommunications) between individuals and businesses in the United States
All rights reserved.
See also: po (Dictionary)