WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plurality, state
- usage: the state of being plural; "to mark plurality, one language may add an extra syllable to the word whereas another may simply change the vowel in the existing final syllable"
- 2. battalion, large number, multitude, plurality, pack, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: a large indefinite number; "a battalion of ants"; "a multitude of TV antennas"; "a plurality of religions"
- 3. plurality, relative majority, relative quantity
- usage: (in an election with more than 2 options) the number of votes for the candidate or party receiving the greatest number (but less that half of the votes)
All rights reserved.
See also: plurality (Dictionary)