- 1. plume, shape, form
- usage: anything that resembles a feather in shape or lightness; "a plume of smoke"; "grass with large plumes"
- 2. plume, adornment
- usage: a feather or cluster of feathers worn as an ornament
- 3. feather, plume, plumage, body covering, animal material
- usage: the light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- 2. pride, plume, congratulate, feel, experience
- usage: be proud of; "He prides himself on making it into law school"
- 3. plume, deck, bedight, bedeck
- usage: deck with a plume; "a plumed helmet"
- 4. preen, plume, arrange, set up, clean, make clean
- usage: clean with one's bill; "The birds preened"
- 5. plume, shape, form
- usage: form a plume; "The chimneys were pluming the sky"; "The engine was pluming black smoke"
- 6. preen, primp, plume, dress, overdress, dress up, fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out
- usage: dress or groom with elaborate care; "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
All rights reserved.
See also: plume (Dictionary)