- 1. plumb bob, plumb, plummet, bob
- usage: the metal bob of a plumb line
- 1. plumb, quantify, measure
- usage: measure the depth of something
- 2. plumb, burden, burthen, weight, weight down
- usage: weight with lead
- 3. plumb, explore
- usage: examine thoroughly and in great depth
- 4. plumb, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust with a plumb line so as to make vertical
- 1. plumb, vertical (vs. inclined) (vs. horizontal), perpendicular
- usage: exactly vertical; "the tower of Pisa is far out of plumb"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clean, plumb, plum
- usage: completely; used as intensifiers; "clean forgot the appointment"; "I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out"
- 2. plumb
- usage: conforming to the direction of a plumb line
- 3. plumb, plum
- usage: exactly; "fell plumb in the middle of the puddle"
All rights reserved.
See also: plumb (Dictionary)