Synonyms of plowed
- 1. plow, plough, turn, till
- usage: to break and turn over earth especially with a plow; "Farmer Jones plowed his east field last week"; "turn the earth in the Spring"
- 2. cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address, broach, initiate
- usage: act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
- 3. plow, plough, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move in a way resembling that of a plow cutting into or going through the soil; "The ship plowed through the water"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plowed (vs. unplowed), ploughed, tilled
- usage: (of farmland) broken and turned over with a plow; "plowed fields"
All rights reserved.