- 1. predicament, quandary, plight, difficulty
- usage: a situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one; "finds himself in a most awkward predicament"; "the woeful plight of homeless people"
- 2. plight, troth, assurance, pledge
- usage: a solemn pledge of fidelity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. betroth, engage, affiance, plight, vow
- usage: give to in marriage
- 2. pledge, plight, promise, assure
- usage: promise solemnly and formally; "I pledge that I will honor my wife"
All rights reserved.
See also: plight (Dictionary)