- 1. pledge, security interest
- usage: a deposit of personal property as security for a debt; "his saxophone was in pledge"
- 2. pledge, member, fellow member
- usage: someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
- 3. pledge, toast, drink
- usage: a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- 4. assurance, pledge, commitment, dedication
- usage: a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something; "an assurance of help when needed"; "signed a pledge never to reveal the secret"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pledge, plight, promise, assure
- usage: promise solemnly and formally; "I pledge that I will honor my wife"
- 2. pledge, subscribe, donate
- usage: pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals; "I pledged $10 a month to my favorite radio station"
- 3. toast, drink, pledge, salute, wassail, honor, honour, reward
- usage: propose a toast to; "Let us toast the birthday girl!"; "Let's drink to the New Year"
- 4. pledge, consign, charge
- usage: give as a guarantee; "I pledge my honor"
- 5. pledge, oblige, bind, hold, obligate
- usage: bind or secure by a pledge; "I was pledged to silence"
All rights reserved.
See also: pledge (Dictionary)