- 1. pleading, statement
- usage: (law) a statement in legal and logical form stating something on behalf of a party to a legal proceeding
- 1. plead, appeal, invoke
- usage: appeal or request earnestly; "I pleaded with him to stop"
- 2. plead, apologize, apologise, excuse, justify, rationalize, rationalise
- usage: offer as an excuse or plea; "She was pleading insanity"
- 3. plead, declare
- usage: enter a plea, as in courts of law; "She pleaded not guilty"
- 4. plead, allege, aver, say
- usage: make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beseeching (vs. imperative), pleading, imploring, adjuratory, importunate, mendicant, petitionary, precatory, precative, suppliant, supplicant, supplicatory
- usage: begging
All rights reserved.
See also: pleading (Dictionary)