WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. player, participant, contestant
- usage: a person who participates in or is skilled at some game
- 2. musician, instrumentalist, player, performer, performing artist
- usage: someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- 3. actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player, performer, performing artist
- usage: a theatrical performer
- 4. player, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who pursues a number of different social and sexual partners simultaneously
- 5. player, participant
- usage: an important participant (as in a business deal); "he was a major player in setting up the corporation"
All rights reserved.
See also: player (Dictionary)