Synonyms of play out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- 2. play out, perform
- usage: perform or be performed to the end; "How will the election drama be played out?"
- 3. play out, play
- usage: play to a finish; "We have got to play this game out, even thought it is clear that we have last"
- 4. play out, change
- usage: become spent or exhausted; "The champion's strength played out fast"
All rights reserved.