- 1. plastic, solid
- usage: generic name for certain synthetic or semisynthetic materials that can be molded or extruded into objects or films or filaments or used for making e.g. coatings and adhesives
- 2. credit card, charge card, charge plate, plastic, open-end credit, revolving credit, charge account credit, positive identification
- usage: a card (usually plastic) that assures a seller that the person using it has a satisfactory credit rating and that the issuer will see to it that the seller receives payment for the merchandise delivered; "do you take plastic?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fictile, moldable, plastic, elastic (vs. inelastic)
- usage: capable of being molded or modeled (especially of earth or clay or other soft material); "plastic substances such as wax or clay"
- 2. plastic, pliant, impressionable (vs. unimpressionable), waxy, impressible
- usage: capable of being influenced or formed; "the plastic minds of children"; "a pliant nature"
- 3. formative, shaping, plastic, constructive (vs. destructive)
- usage: forming or capable of forming or molding or fashioning; "a formative influence"; "a formative experience"
All rights reserved.
See also: plastic (Dictionary)