WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. plantain, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any of numerous plants of the genus Plantago; mostly small roadside or dooryard weeds with elliptic leaves and small spikes of very small flowers; seeds of some used medicinally
- 2. plantain, plantain tree, Musa paradisiaca, banana, banana tree
- usage: a banana tree bearing hanging clusters of edible angular greenish starchy fruits; tropics and subtropics
- 3. plantain, vegetable, veggie, veg
- usage: starchy banana-like fruit; eaten (always cooked) as a staple vegetable throughout the tropics
All rights reserved.
See also: plantain (Dictionary)