- 1. pivot, pivot man, marcher, parader
- usage: the person in a rank around whom the others wheel and maneuver
- 2. pivot, pin, axis, axis of rotation
- usage: axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns
- 3. pivot, rotation, rotary motion
- usage: the act of turning on (or as if on) a pivot; "the golfer went to the driving range to practice his pivot"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pivot, swivel, turn
- usage: turn on a pivot
All rights reserved.
See also: pivot (Dictionary)