- 1. pitting, roughness, indentation, corrosion, corroding, erosion
- usage: the formation of small pits in a surface as a consequence of corrosion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pit, oppose, match, play off, confront, face
- usage: set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other"
- 2. scar, mark, pock, pit, deface, disfigure, blemish
- usage: mark with a scar; "The skin disease scarred his face permanently"
- 3. pit, stone, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries"
All rights reserved.
See also: pitting (Dictionary)