Synonyms of pitter patter
- 1. pitter-patter, pat, rap, tap
- usage: a series of rapid tapping sounds; "she missed the pitter-patter of little feet around the house"
- 1. sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter, rain, rain down
- usage: rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- 2. patter, pitter-patter, sound, go
- usage: make light, rapid and repeated sounds; "gently pattering rain"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pit-a-pat, pitty-patty, pitty-pat, pitter-patter
- usage: as of footsteps; "he came running pit-a-pat down the hall"
- 2. pit-a-pat, pitty-patty, pitty-pat, pitter-patter
- usage: describing a rhythmic beating; "his heart went pit-a-pat"
All rights reserved.