- 1. plagiarist, plagiarizer, plagiariser, literary pirate, pirate, thief, stealer
- usage: someone who uses another person's words or ideas as if they were his own
- 2. pirate, buccaneer, sea robber, sea rover, plunderer, pillager, looter, spoiler, despoiler, raider, freebooter
- usage: someone who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without having a commission from any sovereign nation
- 3. pirate, pirate ship, ship
- usage: a ship that is manned by pirates
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pirate, steal
- usage: copy illegally; of published material
- 2. commandeer, hijack, highjack, pirate, seize
- usage: take arbitrarily or by force; "The Cubans commandeered the plane and flew it to Miami"
All rights reserved.
See also: pirate (Dictionary)