WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pinwheel, Aeonium haworthii, subshrub, suffrutex
- usage: perennial subshrub of Tenerife having leaves in rosettes resembling pinwheels
- 2. pinwheel, wheel
- usage: a wheel that has numerous pins that are set at right angles to its rim; "he spun the pinwheel and it stopped with the pointer on `Go'"
- 3. pinwheel, pinwheel wind collector, plaything, toy
- usage: a toy consisting of vanes of colored paper or plastic that is pinned to a stick and spins when it is pointed into the wind
- 4. catherine wheel, pinwheel, firework, pyrotechnic
- usage: a circular firework that spins round and round emitting colored fire
All rights reserved.
See also: pinwheel (Dictionary)