- 1. pinnacle, steeple, spire
- usage: (architecture) a slender upright spire at the top of a buttress of tower
- 2. acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
- 3. pinnacle, peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit
- usage: a lofty peak
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pinnacle, surmount
- usage: surmount with a pinnacle; "pinnacle a pediment"
- 2. pinnacle, raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
- usage: raise on or as if on a pinnacle; "He did not want to be pinnacled"
All rights reserved.
See also: pinnacle (Dictionary)