- 1. pinion, gear, gear wheel, geared wheel, cogwheel
- usage: a gear with a small number of teeth designed to mesh with a larger wheel or rack
- 2. flight feather, pinion, quill, quill feather, feather, plume, plumage
- usage: any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird
- 3. pennon, pinion, wing
- usage: wing of a bird
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pinion, shackle, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: bind the arms of
- 2. pinion, disable, disenable, incapacitate
- usage: cut the wings off (of birds)
All rights reserved.
See also: pinion (Dictionary)