- 1. navigation, pilotage, piloting, steering, guidance, direction
- usage: the guidance of ships or airplanes from place to place
- 2. piloting, pilotage, trade, craft
- usage: the occupation of a pilot
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fly, aviate, pilot, operate, control
- usage: operate an airplane; "The pilot flew to Cuba"
- 2. navigate, pilot, steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
- usage: act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance; "Is anyone volunteering to navigate during the trip?"; "Who was navigating the ship during the accident?"
All rights reserved.
See also: piloting (Dictionary)