- 1. pile, spile, piling, stilt, column, pillar
- usage: a column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stack, pile, heap, arrange, set up
- usage: arrange in stacks; "heap firewood around the fireplace"; "stack your books up on the shelves"
- 2. throng, mob, pack, pile, jam, crowd, crowd together
- usage: press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium"
- 3. pile, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place or lay as if in a pile; "The teacher piled work on the students until the parents protested"
All rights reserved.
See also: piling (Dictionary)