- 1. chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- 2. piffle, act, behave, do
- usage: act in a trivial or ineffective way
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fiddling, footling, lilliputian, little, niggling, piddling, piffling, petty, picayune, trivial, unimportant (vs. important)
- usage: (informal) small and of little importance; "a fiddling sum of money"; "a footling gesture"; "our worries are lilliputian compared with those of countries that are at war"; "a little (or small) matter"; "a dispute over niggling details"; "limited to petty enterprises"; "piffling efforts"; "giving a police officer a free meal may be against the law, but it seems to be a picayune infraction"
All rights reserved.
See also: piffling (Dictionary)